SV: Re: [xep-support] keep-together

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Mon Mar 19 09:59:56 PDT 2007

At 2007-03-19 16:50 +0100, Mati Hadi wrote:
>Is there any way to define different periorities for
>keep-together against one another.

Nothing can be added to Michael's previous answer:

>--- Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev at renderx.com> skrev:
> > You are correct, the proper approach to 'proiritize'
> > the keep
> > constraints is to supply integer values for the
> > keep-* attributes as
> > required.
> >
> > However, footnote 21 on page 21 of the XEP 4.9
> > Reference for Java states
> > that only "auto" and "always" values [for keeps] are
> > recognized
> > properly: numeric values are treated as "always".

Michael's answer is quite explicit ... there is only one way and XEP
doesn't support it.  I'm sure they will address it in their own time
but it is not available at this time.  Michael works for the company
so I very much respect his opinions in this matter.

Can you clarify the nature of your question?  It sounds like you are
just repeating your question which, of course, doesn't change the answer.

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc