[xep-support] question about embedding ttf fonts with RenderX.Net

P.R.Steijn at robeco.nl P.R.Steijn at robeco.nl
Mon Jun 18 06:22:40 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a little question about embedding ttf fonts into a pdf.
We are using the RenderX.Net version 3.8.3 server

I have added the Morningstar 1 Light font, I want to include in my pdf, to
the  fonts.xml in the /etc directory.
The font is in my c:\windows\fonts directory but also in the /afm
directory of the RenderX installed directory

The declaration in mij fonts.xml is as follow:
false"><alias name="MorningStar"/></font>

Generating the pdf with the java version of RenderX 3.7.7 gives no problem
en show the Morningstar logo and some (red) stars.
Generating the pdf with the .Net server version 3.8.3 shows the error
"There was a problem reading the document (135)"
when opening the document with adobePDF, because the fund is not embedded.

I created a zip with an example and the results included the fonts.xml,
the ttf font, the fo file and the result pdf's
You can download it form:       http://www.irisresearch.nl/xep.zip

Can you please tell me what I do wrong?

Hope to hear soon.

Kind regards,
Patrick

ing. P.R. Steijn
Group ICT - CC Java & Webdevelopment
NL Telephone: +31 (0) 10 224 3322
NL FAX: +31 (0) 10 224 2182
E-mail: p.r.steijn at robeco.nl

The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised
to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action
in relation to the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. Neither the sender nor the represented institution
are liable for the correct and complete transmission of the contents
of an e-mail, or for its timely receipt.