[xep-support] Java.Net.ConnectionException Connection refused for images

Durante, Elsa elsa.durante at hp.com
Mon Jun 11 15:37:41 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am running XEPWin 2.1 with JRE 1.6 and calling XEP through the .NET
wrapper. I am getting "Java.Net.ConnectionException: Connection refused"
messages for images specified by external URLs. I can access the images
via the browser which is configured to use a proxy server, I can also
use .NET WebClient class to download the images (picking up the correct
proxy from the machine). It works fine on another machine which is
running Java 1.4.2.

I am stumped. It looks like a firewall issue, but the machine appears to
be configured with the correct firewall. Is there a firewall
configuration for XEP which I can set?

Thanks!
-Elsa