[xep-support] Catalog file

jingjun long longjingjun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:08:42 PDT 2007

Hello,

I searched the supporting mail archive. There are some discussion about
using xml catalog file. The following is an example of what I mean xml
catalog file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
prefer="public">
<public publicId="-//ASA//DTD BOOK//EN" uri="./DTD/book.dtd"/>

</catalog>

I downloaded the entity resolver from
http://xml.apache.org/commons/index.html. It works fine.

The thing is I have some "old" catalog file. Doese anyone of you has any
ideas about "old" version of catalog file support? What I mean "old"
catalog file is something like the following:

--
CATALOG FILE
--

Can I use above catalog file in RenderX (Or maybe I should say in XML
parser and XSL engine)?

I have several software (For example: XMetaL and RenderX) use the DTDs,
I want they use the same catalog file to search for DTDs.

Thank you in advance.

JingJun Long