[xep-support] Strip beside the image, both of the same height

Jan Tosovsky honyk at seznam.cz
Sat Jan 27 08:07:22 PST 2007

I've tried several methods, but I still haven't found what I am looking
for...
Only solution which works well is to utilise left border of image with
proper attributes set. But in my case, image itself should have black solid
border, so this way can't be used. If table or even block only is used,
using XEP I can't ensure the same height of parent area and the image (XEP
4.8). While top of strip is about 0.5pt above the image top, the bottom is
lower quite more, ca 3pt. As I am not much familiar with XSL-FO, it is
probably caused by my wrong code:
V1.0:
<fo:block width="16cm" text-align="end" background="#C0C0C0" margin="0pt"
padding="0pt">
  <fo:external-graphic src="url(img.jpg)" content-width="14cm" border="solid
black 1pt" margin="0pt" padding="0pt"/>
</fo:block>
V2.0:
<fo:block border-left="solid silver 2cm">
  <fo:external-graphic src="url(img.jpg)" content-width="14cm" border="solid
black 1pt"/>
</fo:block>

Do you have any suggestion how to solve this problem? Is there any
workaround?
Thank you in advance.

Jan