[xep-support] RenderX Optimization as in Adobe Products

Chris Ridd chrisridd at mac.com
Tue Jan 23 23:39:24 PST 2007

On 23/1/07 10:58, "Michaud, Jean-Francois"
<Jean-Francois.Michaud at boeing.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there was an equivalent to the Optimization setting
> in RenderX. The closest I can see  would be the COMPRESS setting in the
> configuration file (xep.xml). Is this the only setting to optimize the
> PDF?
>
>     <generator-options format="PDF">
> <!--      <option name="COMPRESS" value="true"/> -->
> <!--      <option name="PDF_VERSION" value="1.5"/> -->
>     </generator-options>

Adobe's "optimization" setting is equivalent to XEP's "linearize" setting.
Set it using a PI:

     <?xep-pdf-linearize true>

Or in xep.xml:

     <generator-options format="PDF">
          <option name="LINEARIZE" value="true"/>
     </generator-options>

It doesn't necessarily make the file smaller, but it means it can be
displayed before it is completely downloaded.

Cheers,

Chris