[xep-support] Processing of baseline-shift in .svg files

Jan Tosovsky honyk at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 3 10:28:08 PST 2007

For axis labeling in my SVG chart there is used baseline-shift property of
text element. While Adobe SVG Viewer 3 shows text beside y-axis ca in the
middle of ticks, in XEP's pdf output these labels are shifted downward so
every tick is ca at the top of each label. Code snippet follows:
      <line x1="-4" y1="-18" x2="4" y2="-18"
style="stroke-width:0.2;stroke:black"/>
      <text x="-4" y="-18" style="text-anchor:end; font-family:Verdana;
font-size:8; baseline-shift:-50%">0.5</text>
Do I something wrong or this property in svg files is not supported
correctly yet? I can use another method without using it, but I'd like to
know, if this is really the only way. I use xep-4.8-20061128-personal.

Thank you in advance for any clarification.

Jan