[xep-support] RE: trouble with keep with next

Jerry Janofsky JanofskyJ at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 14:48:15 PDT 2007

XEP-SUPPORT,

I realize my attempt to simplify my problem might have made my pseudo code
in my previous email unclear because I didn't really show the templates
involved. You can assume the blocks are called multiple times within an XSL
template. I have just a single line that must be able to span the whole page
if necessary. The <rx:flow> section below it contains 3 columns that can
flow over multiple pages.  I just need a way to make sure the first block is
never the last item on a page. The code looks more like this below.

Your help would be appreciated.

<xsl:for-each-group select="dir:person" group-by="dir:specialty">
     <xsl:sort select="current-grouping-key()"/>

           <fo:block padding-before="0.0625in" keep-with-next="always" >
                    <xsl:value-of
select="upper-case(current-grouping-key())"/>
          </fo:block>

           <rx:flow-section column-count="3" column-gap="0.5in">
                <xsl:for-each-group select="current-group()"
group-by="dir:persondata">
                      <xsl:sort select="current-grouping-key()"/>
                                    <fo:block
keep-with-next.within-column="always">
                                        <xsl:value-of
select="current-grouping-key()"/>