[xep-support] preventing line breaks before punctuation

Camille Bégnis camille at neodoc.biz
Tue Oct 31 05:39:57 PST 2006

Hi David,

I just wanted to answer Dave question about rules in French.

Concerning the place in the toolchain it should be implemented is
certainly arguable.
It might also be the duty of the author to apply typesetting rules. The
fact modern typesetting generally only imply one only human (the author)
makes it difficult to decides who (what) should do what.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, I think some writings, like Arabic,
get quite complex typesetting rules, where some "characters" shape are
influenced by near characters. How is this case handled by XEP?

Camille.