[xep-support] Farsi glyph forming and Farsi page numbers

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Oct 19 16:06:28 PDT 2006

2 newbie questions:

I am using the farsiweb-ttf fonts Nazli and Nazlib to render a text.
Unfortunately the unligated end-"he" is malformed (showing the glyph
normally used at the begin of a word with ligation onwards), all other
letters - ligated or not, end, mid or begin of a word appear perfect.
AFAICT the font contains all necessary information as I have been able
to use it successfully on OpenOffice - everything was rendered fine. Is
there any obvious solution? I can post a pdf showing what I have and
what I want. There is unfortuinately no other font available which looks
so good and satisfactory in so many other ways.

Secondly, I want Farsi/Arabic page numbers rather than latin script
ones. How do I go about achieving this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Peter von Kaehne