[xep-support] Display of only running page count

David Cramer david at thingbag.net
Tue Oct 17 10:18:47 PDT 2006

Ah, I see now I completely misread your email. I guess that would be
called "Illogical Pagination" ;-) In that case, the answer is yes: use
the ps backend, render the ps with Ghostscript, and hope that limitation
is never fixed.

 > instead of "iv (4 of 257)," just "4 of 263."

Actually, the way logical pagination works is it would be:  "iv (4 of
263)" v. "4 of 263"; i.e. the number in parens is always the total
number of pages. The number to the left is the page number that's
printed on the page. If you click on the "4 of 263" part and enter a
number, you're taken to the absolute page number. If you highlight the
entire contents of that window, you're taken to the number on the left.
Perhaps the client doesn't understand that they can currently do
everything they could do if they did have illogical pagination?

David