[xep-support] Titlepage in SVG covering whole page

Ettinger, Christian Christian.Ettinger at 3SOFT.de
Mon Oct 9 00:41:21 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create a titlepage with SVG that covers the
whole page.
I want to have some colored rectangles that are behind the text and
continue until the very border of the page. My idea was to use
<fo:instream-foreign-object> and manufacture the complete page in SVG.
For that I defined a page master with all margin attributes set to zero.
My problem now is that XEP does not render the SVG image when it is as
high as the page (297mm for A4 in my case). As long as the SVG is <
296mm in height everything works, but the rectangle does not reach the
bottom of the page. With a height of 296mm or more XEP just says
"[error] no space for an element, trying to recover" and skips my SVG.

<fo:instream-foreign-object>
  <svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="210mm"
height="297mm">
    <svg:rect x="0" y="0" width="100%" height="100%"
style="fill:#ccc;fill-opacity:1;stroke:none"/>
  </svg:svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>

Maybe there is a way to specify the SVG as background image? What is the
standard way to do what I'm trying to do?
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Christian

PS: I tried the same thing with <fo:tables> but with no success either

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please do not disclose it to anyone, notify the sender promptly, and
delete the message from your system. Thank you.