[xep-support] General identifier in XEP configuration file for font paths

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Sat Nov 25 23:42:07 PST 2006

Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> I believe it works. Unfortunatly, I have to use different configuration
> files that share a lot of duplicate font-group entries. The only
> difference is a different xml:base attribute, for example (omitted config
> root element):
>
> ---[ xep-a.xml ]---
>               xml:base="file:///usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/"
> ---[ xep-b.xml ]---
>               xml:base="file:///usr/share/fonts/truetype/"

Hi Tom,

The fonts location on a target system won't change once the system is
installed, so you may choose between different options during install
time of your software.
I would handle this with sed on a template configuration file, replacing
e.g. __SYSTEM_FONTS__ with '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11' or '/usr/share'.
What could be wrong with this approach?

  Michael Sulyaev, mailto:msulyaev at renderx.com
  http://www.renderx.net
  http://www.renderx.com