[xep-support] Leader in TOC

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Sun May 21 05:29:51 PDT 2006

At 2006-05-21 14:09 +0200, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>Leader together with
>page reference are wrapped so they appear on the next line, although there
>is enough space to place them on single line (as can be seen in attached
>file).

Remember that the initial leader size is specified in the standard as
12pt ... perhaps this, plus the spaces, plus the page number are not
enough to fit on the line.

This burned me once when I was working with 8pt text.

>As complete .fo file is quite large (1 MB uncompressed), only TOC
>part is picked up. Is there any bug in .fo file or this is standard
>behaviour of XEP (requirements of any minimal gap)?

You can change the initial value of the leader ... it is now my
practice to specify leaders as follows:

   <leader leader-pattern="dots" leader-length.optimum=".5em"/>

... so as to indicate the size starts off as one-half of the running
font size and so will fit in a space that small.

I hope this helps.

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04