[xep-support] Configuring XML Catalog file for SVG DTD

Benoit Maisonny benoit at synclude.com
Thu May 4 02:08:34 PDT 2006

I don't do it in oXygen myself, but hopefully this will put you on the
right track.

1. oXygen and XEP

I'd suggest to edit the command line used by oXygen to start XEP (see
Options/Preferences/XML/.../FO processor) and type in there the
parameters that XEP needs (see XEP's user guide for details).

You also need to have the CatalogResolver and its .properties file in
your class path.

Here is what I use in a batch file under Windows, you need to adapt it
to oXygen:

set XEP_HOME=c:\programs\xep3_7_5
set
CP="%XEP_HOME%\lib\xep375_server.jar;%XEP_HOME%\lib\cryptix32.jar;%XEP_HOME%\lib\cryptix32-pgp.jar;%XEP_HOME%\lib\saxon.jar;%XEP_HOME%\lib\xt.jar;c:\programs\resolver-1.1;c:\programs\resolver-1.1\resolver.jar"
set JAVA_OPT=-Xmx256m -cp %CP%
-Dcom.renderx.sax.entityresolver=com.sun.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
-Dcom.renderx.jaxp.uriresolver=com.sun.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
-Dcom.renderx.xep.ROOT="%XEP_HOME%" com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver %quiet%
-fo %1 -pdf %2

java %JAVA_OPT%

2. Catalog and SVG

Put something like this in your catalog.xml file (which you indicate in
your CatalogManager.properties file):
<public publicId="-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
uri="file:///.../svg11-flat-20030114.dtd"/>

For details about catalog manager configuration, see:
http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/resolver-article.html

XML Catalogs are strange beasts, difficult to tame... Good luck! :-)

Benoit

Benoit Maisonny                benoit at synclude.com
Director & Consultant          http://synclude.com
Synclude