[xep-support] embedding fonts in PDF -- adding embed="true" seems not to work for base fonts!

Bob Stayton bobs at sagehill.net
Mon Mar 13 09:05:57 PST 2006

I think David meant to include one crucial word: free.  Adobe
distributes the font metrics for free, but not the outlines, so
RenderX cannot bundle the outlines.  You have to buy the font
from Adobe if you want to embed them.  Same with Times Roman,
Zapf Dingbats, and the other standard fonts.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs at sagehill.net