[xep-support] Calling XEP from servlet

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Mon Mar 6 02:19:45 PST 2006

Hi,

I need to invoke XEP from servlet. I studied source code of your Servlet
Connector. Is there any reason why com.renderx.xepx.servlet.Formatter
creates new instance of formatter for each request, instead of creating
it just once inside init() method of HttpServlet?

I'm asking because from the rest of Programmers Guide I get impression
that creation of formatter is quite expensive and should be avoided if
possible.

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz     http://www.kosek.cz
                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
      ** XSLT 13.-16.3.2006 ** XML schémata 24.-26.4.2006 **
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **