[xep-support] Newbie questions about setting up headers.

Kees de Grauw k.degrauw at axis.nl
Thu Jul 20 23:42:55 PDT 2006

David,

There are better ways to do this.
Have al look at the examples in the folder XEP\examples\pagination.
There you'll find examples of the regular methods to handle this.

In "franklin_2pageseqs.fo" left and right (and center) pages are defined
with:
    <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="run2">
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
          master-reference="headers_center"
          page-position="first" />
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
          master-reference="headers_right"
          odd-or-even="odd" />
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
          master-reference="headers_left"
          odd-or-even="even" />
    </fo:page-sequence-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>

In "basic2.fo" headers are defined with:
  <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">

Hopes this helps, Kees