[xep-support] SVG, identifiers, xml catalogs, resolver, net access

Steve Whitlatch swhitlat at getnet.net
Fri Jul 14 10:52:31 PDT 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 08:55, Benoit Maisonny wrote:
> Make sure xml-commons-resolver-1.1.jar and CatalogManager.properties are
> on the classpath when you run XEP, although if xparse finds them I guess
> XEP should as well.

Yes, xml-commons-resolver-1.1.jar and CatalogManager.properties are on the
classpath when I run XEP.

What I'm finding is that XML catalogs using xml-commons-resolver works fine
for everything except XEP. I tried the same setup on a local Linux machine
that has had XML catalogs properly working with xml-commons-resolver for
years. I even forced XEP to use the libs that ship with XEP (using -cp). Same
results. Specifically, I have found that

-Dcom.renderx.sax.entityresolver=org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
-Dcom.renderx.jaxp.uriresolver=org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver

do not work under any circumstance that I have been able to create here
locally. It is still possible that the error is mine, but it is looking like
the bug is with XEP. I am using xep from xep-4.6-20060623-personal.zip

Can anyone state from their own experience that XEP does indeed properly use
xml-commons-resolver?

Thanks,

Steve Whitlatch