[xep-support] Fallback fonts for missing glyphs?

David Nedrow dnedrow at usa.net
Mon Jan 30 08:01:23 PST 2006

How do I define a set of fonts to be used in the event that a
particular glyph is missing in the default font?

Eg., none of the glyphs (that I've tried, e.g. ≦ ≧ etc) defined
in DocBook XMLs isoamsr.ent are part of the Helvetica font that ships
with XEP. However, I have a symbol font that does provide all of the
missing glyphs I need.

Here's the font I'm interested in, as defined in my xep.xml file...

To have the FO engine use this font for missing glyphs, do I make a
change to the XSL, or is it something to set up in my XEP config?

Thanks in advance,

David