[xep-support] Enabling commenting for Adobe Reader 7

Anna Afonskaya tais at renderx.com
Fri Feb 3 07:18:07 PST 2006

 Hello Earl,

Since Acrobat Reader 6, Adobe have disable commenting in Reader for general public. That is you cannot annotate in Adobe Reader 6 or 7 PDFs that carry standard annotation permissions (like the ones created by XEP). Since Reader 6 commenting is a "hidden feature" that
can be activated only by PDF that include proprietary Adobe extension (a kind of special digital signature). Such PDFs can be only created by Adobe Systems server based solutions or the suchlike.
Therefore if you need to annotate PDFs created by XEP you have to use full version of Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader 5 or older.

Best regards,
Anna Afonskaya
RenderX