[xep-support] %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: ea ]%% from distiller

David Cramer david at thingbag.net
Mon Aug 21 12:50:39 PDT 2006

Ok, actually it was broken even for Ghostscript, but I figured it out
through trial and error. In case anybody else has the same problem,
here's what it turned out to be:

In xep.xml, in my font-family, I had this:

afm="CheltenhamCdITC-LightItalic.afm"
pfb="CheltenhamCdITC-LightItalic.pfb"/></font>
pfb="CheltenhamCdITC-Bold.pfb"/></font>
afm="CheltenhamCdITC-BoldItalic.afm"
pfb="CheltenhamCdITC-BoldItalic.pfb"/></font>

Changing it to this worked:

afm="CheltenhamCdITC-LightItalic.afm"
pfb="CheltenhamCdITC-LightItalic.pfb"/></font>
pfb="CheltenhamCdITC-Bold.pfb"/></font>
afm="CheltenhamCdITC-BoldItalic.afm"
pfb="CheltenhamCdITC-BoldItalic.pfb"/></font>

I'm guessing that mixing oblique and italic in the same <font-family>
confused it. Maybe I stumbled on a subtle bug?

David