[xep-support] Cannot determine location of the license file

Konrad Rokicki krokicki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 07:37:07 PDT 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade from XEP 3.8.2 to 4.2. My 4.2 configuration works fine
when I use com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver from the command line. However, when I
try to call it from the Java API, I get:

[error] java.net.MalformedURLException: Invalid URL or non-existent file:
license.xml
[error] java.net.MalformedURLException: Invalid URL or non-existent file:
etc/license.txt
com.renderx.xep.lib.LicenseException: Cannot determine location of the
license file
        at com.renderx.xep.lib.Conf.checkLicense(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.lib.Conf.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.FormatterCore.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)

I know it's finding the xep.xml file, because if the change the LICENSE
option in the xep.xml, the first error message changes accordingly. The
license.xml is in the same directory as the xep.xml.

The API I'm using is:
java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties();
props.setProperty("CONFIG", XEP_ROOT_DIR+"/xep.xml");
FormatterImpl formatter = new FormatterImpl(props);

So, what am I missing?
Thanks,
Konrad