[xep-support] Re: help with fo:float

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Mon Oct 31 12:54:25 PST 2005

At 2005-10-31 15:26 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there a float/container attrbute that makes it possible to do this
>so that if the block flows to more than one page, the float will
>continue on the next page? (and then the rest of the next page after
>the flow finished would be blank, and the rest of the content would
>appear on the page following that?

No, there isn't, because you cannot measure "the rest of the
page".  If you take away the block container (which is giving you the
full page size) in your test, then you will see the float does wrap
to the next page, but then when the float runs out the two-column
flow continues.

I was only able to give you your page-filling float by putting the
float content into a page-sized block container.  But if your content
fits more than a page, you cannot measure how much more, so you
cannot put the excess into a page-sized block container.

I think you are out of luck.

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc