[xep-support] Support of special types of spaces

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Wed Oct 19 04:37:39 PDT 2005

>> Let your typesetters enter them as unicode characters, and
>> transform them into leaders at the transformation stage.
>>

> Which is exactly what I was asking for in my O.P. Why not preserve the
> fixed spaces that the typesetter inputs and output them as such, too?

Because the typesetter does not input XSL. XSL is an internal
interchange format produced by one program
and consumed by another one. Instrument the program the typesetter
works with with sufficient controls and
transform fixed spaces into the presentation layer's elements.

There are no fixed spaces in fonts.

David