[xep-support] possible to create a table title that has "continued" at the end after a page/column wrap?

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Mon Nov 7 02:23:07 PST 2005

> I don't see why implementing table markers is any more difficult
> than implementing regular markers. Perhaps its down to the fact
> that regular marker content is always retrieved outside of the
> flow, where as table markers will be retrieved inside the flow.
> Which I guess would affect page break possibilities.

Because table markers change the size of the table's header after the
header is measured. And after the header is modified, the marker's
anchor may have to go to the next page; this is similar to, but more
complex than, footnotes due to interaction with floats.

> In any case, table markers are a much needed feature that makes it
> possible to generate a wider range of statement type documents.

Do you want to use a formatter with uncontrolled computational
complexity in border cases? So that your rendering workflow gets
stuck on a seemingly innocent document?

David