[xep-support] 'Object label badly formatted' error

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Mon Nov 7 02:03:18 PST 2005

Hello Brett,

There is quite a few XEP users that use XEP's linearization feature
successfully. However linearization is quite an obscure area of PDF
specification and implementation of "proper" linearization often
require reverse-engineering of linearized PDFs created by Adobe
Acrobat, because Acrobat treatment of linearization is not always well
aligned with the letter of specification. Given all that it is
possible that there are some peculiarities/bugs in XEP's
implementation of PDF linearization that results in the behavior you
observe. Surely we will take a note, but I can't promise you a fix
anytime soon.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX