[xep-support] possible to create a table title that has "continued" at the end after a page/column wrap?

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Fri Nov 4 15:22:34 PST 2005

> With XSL-FO 1.1 you will be able to use table markers to do this.

Except that whoever invented that didn't think about a way to
implement it reliably. Markers in tables is asking for trouble with
either hard to detect loops or a very complex processing model.

> In 1.0, you can use either the XEP extension Kevin mentioned, or
> you can sometimes do tricks with markers and static content to put
> the table header in static content so that it looks like it's the
> table header when it's not.

Actually, I'd refrain from using non-standard constructs as much as
possible. One could you a trick with an absolute container container
covering the word 'continued' in the initial header, that would be a
hack, but at least a kosher one.

David