AW: [xep-support] Vanishing Tables

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Fri Nov 4 06:15:24 PST 2005

On 04/11/2005, at 18:03, Kurt Spescha wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> The relevant one, the last one on the bottom, is nearly empty. In the
> table-header there is the line <fo:inline font-weight="bold">Total
> Wasser</fo:inline>. This line is missing in the pdf. The table-body is
> empty, I agree. It has to be so in this case. The idea is to get a
> total
> line kept together.

A table header is not content, it is a decoration, much like border
and background. No data, no decoration; everyone willing to argue
that it is not conforming has the right to do so, but there are quite
a few contradictions in the recommendation which make this behaviour
the list possible evil.

Kurt,

if you need to keep the total together, consider expressing it using
one of the many ways XSL provides. For example, by using keep-with-
next and keep-together attributes.

David