[xep-support] Hyphenation patters for XEP

Tuomas Rinta tuomas.rinta at aacglobal.com
Thu May 19 02:22:13 PDT 2005

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> You can use TeX hyphenation files that are available on CTAN:
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/hyphenation/
> For some languages you will have to change encoding of these files
> before using with XEP.

That's what I've done in some cases, but there is a problem with this:
In some cases the TeX hyphenation files use TeX macros and notation that
is not supported by XEP. Of course, the unsupported notation can be
removed and the file modified so that XEP will accept the TeX file and
hyphenate correctly by this is tedious and error-prone work, and I'm
trying to save time and was hoping that someone would have already done
the necessary work.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Rinta