[xep-support] Formatting problem with XEPAssistant and ActiXEP

Hiral Parikh hparikh at amesondemand.com
Fri May 13 07:35:29 PDT 2005

Hi,
I just downloaded XEPWinEngine and was setting up ActiXEP and XEP Assistant.

I am running into 2 primary issues:
1. ActiXEP does not process the sample.xml file when I drop it into the hot
folder. It gives me this message:
'exception during formatting: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: unexpected
character after document prolog (found "W") (expected "<") '
2. XEP Assistant throws this error for the same file:
Formatting Failed:
file:///C:/Program
Files/RenderX/XEP4NET/stylesheets/docbook/fo/docbook.xsl(29,2):

I initially thought something may be wrong in the XML but that XML works
beautifully when I use the command line tool - xep.bat. It generates the PDF
as expected.

What am I doing wrong in setting up XEP Assistant and ActiXEP?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Hiral

Here is the small and simple - sample.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<book>
    <article>
        <title>Welcome to the Docbook</title>
        <graphic
fileref="http://www.docbook.org/graphics/docbook-org-home.gif"/>
        <para>In order to preview this text in the integrated browser,
            you have to choose the
            &quot;docbook/xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl&quot;
            stylesheet. For this press the "T.." button, then click on the
button in the right of the XSL
            url field and select the file. Press "Ok".</para>
        <para>To apply the stylesheet you have to press the
            &quot;T&quot; button or to press CTRL+SHIFT+T, or on Mac OS X,
META+SHIFT+T. </para>
        <para>Here are some useful links, regarding XML:</para>
        <itemizedlist>
            <listitem>
                <para>
                    <ulink