[xep-support] SVG, clipPath and image

Geoff Levner geoff at n-generate.com
Sun May 1 06:50:49 PDT 2005

I am using SVG to clip an image to an arbitrary shape, using SVG's
clipPath element.

As it happens, my clipPath shape and my JPEG image are not in the same
coordinate systems; the image is smaller than the shape, and I would
like to be able to move the image relative to the shape.  So I thought
I would just put the image in a group, and apply the clipPath to the
group.

To my surprise, though, if I put my image inside a <g> element, it
disappears!  With or without a clipPath.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid?

Thanks,
Geoff