[xep-support] XEP4.4 Performance Diagnostics/Docs?

Carlton Huang cdhuang_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 09:55:11 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am using XEP4.4 to perform PDF rendering.  I have come to the realization that this call in the generation procedure is taking a lot of time.  Part of the reason for the slowness may be due to the complex XSL template I use for rendering.

 transformer.transform(input, result);
 // note: input is a StreamSource, and result is a SAXResult

Question1:
I would like to gain some insight into the internal processing of this call.  Are there diagnostics that can be turned on which would provide this insight?

Question2:
Do you have suggestions on how to efficiently implement the XSL:FO which would improve performance?

Question3:
Do you have any best practices or usage guidelines that would benefit performance?

Thanks in advance,
Carlton

BTW, I'm using: Server_xep-4.4-20050610.zip.