[xep-support] Centered table not centered and unwanted line break

Benoit Maisonny benoit at synclude.com
Mon Jun 13 02:59:44 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I need to partially retract what I wrote earlier. From the example I
sent initially, if I remove the blue columns from the inner table, no
wrapping occurs anymore. I still don't see why wrapping occurs when the
blue columns are there, but anyway this is a progress.

Clearly, there is something strange in the way the inner table's width
is calculated by XEP. We've had a case where simply adding a thick
border on the centered cell made it wrap.

We're now trying to isolate a bit of FO code which provokes the wrapping
in our situation.

Werner, you're centering a normal block, here, not a table. Anyway, from
your FO code, if I replace:

<fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>
        <fo:block-container width="100%">
            <fo:block margin-left="0pt" margin-right="0pt"
                text-align="justify" unicode-bidi="embed">T e s
            t</fo:block>
        </fo:block-container>
    </fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

by:

<fo:table-cell>
            <fo:block margin-left="0pt" margin-right="0pt"
                text-align="justify" unicode-bidi="embed">T e s
            t</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

I get the same result, it seems.

Cheers,