[xep-support] how to use -Xmx switch? -- or some other fix?

CRW150@yahoo.com crw150 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 11:49:23 PDT 2005

Thank you all. But I must be doing something wrong. I'm using XEP 4.1,
running WinXP. I run a transform at the command prompt like this:

C:\xep -xml source.xml -xsl stylesheet.xsl newOutputFile.pdf

Per the suggestions here, I edited xep.bat, so it now looks like this:

@echo off
rem   This batch file encapsulates a standard XEP call.

set CP=C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\xep.jar;C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\saxon.jar;C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\xt.jar

if x%OS%==xWindows_NT goto WINNT
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\java" -Xmx1024M -classpath
"%CP%" com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "-DCONFIG=C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\xep.xml" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto END

:WINNT
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\java" -classpath "%CP%"
com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "-DCONFIG=C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\xep.xml" %*

:END

set CP=

I tried -Xmx512M, -Xmx800M, and -Xmx1024M. There is no difference. No
matter the setting, it still runs slow, and I still get the out of
memory error.

Either my syntax is wrong in my batch file, or I'm not even calling the
batch file. Am I using the wrong command at the command prompt? I'd
appreciate it if someone could clarify for me.

Again, sorry. I have NO programming background whatsoever. Please talk
down to me.

Thanks,
Susan