[xep-support] bug: leader with long leader-length

Peter Gerstbach peter.gerstbach at gft.com
Wed Jul 6 22:31:37 PDT 2005

David Tolpin wrote:

> This may happen, and this is not a bug, just negative letter-spacing.
> It is normal, if you want it to work differently, explicitly set  either
> the minimum leader-length, or the minimum letter-spacing.

In the specs says: "If the leader's minimum length [...] is too long to
be placed in a line by itself, it will overflow the line and potentially
overflow the reference-area in accordance with that container's overflow
trait."

But does this mean, that negative letter-spacing should be used? It is
set to "normal" initially, which means that the normal spacing for the
current font is used.

I would expect the leader to be rendered outside the box! But I think
the specs are a little vague on that one.

Peter