[xep-support] Dynamic PDF generated by a server solution.

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Wed Jul 6 07:45:40 PDT 2005

> So,  can I use your En Masse solution to:
>
>    Send my XML, my XSL and my XEP properties to En Masse in my JAVA
> EAR code to generated a dynamic PDF? (from one web application
> server to EnMasse?)

Yes, you should use either Toaster (a home-brewn lightweight
protocol) or Fairy (SOAP server) to run the EnMasse server, and write
your client's code appropriately. Documentation and examples explain
that.

>    Generated the PDF with the  <figure src="Images/hammer.jpg"
> figure-name="Hammer Parts."/> and the <li img="Images/screw.jpg">
> TAG if the systemID reflect the client
>    side of EnMasse? If no, how can I send my image to EnMasse for
> processing?

You should use absolute URLs and expose the images for access via HTTP.

>    Can I received an OutputStream on the client side that I can put
> in the HttpServletResponse of my EAR?

Yes, please refer to documentation and examples.

>    I need numbers to know what is the configuration of my Unix
> EnMasse server for 100 transactions/sec to generated a complicated
> PDF of about 3 meg.  If you cannot give
>    them for this example, I will take any perfomance report that
> you can provide to me for EnMasse solution.

EnMasse is designed to run multiple instances of XEP over a grid of
many computers. Get a few to run to benefit from the distributed
processing and load balancing EnMasse provides.

David