[xep-support] No of pages generated.

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at irex.ru
Tue Jan 4 01:44:13 PST 2005

Hi Neha,

There are two approaches to make continuous page numbering across all
chunks.

The first one is to write your own implementation of
com.renderx.xep.lib.Logger interface. This class should be used when
initializing the FormatterImpl and should return the last page number
rendered somewhere outside the main 'chunk-by-chunk' loop. This value should
then be taken as an XSLT param for the style to modify initial-page-number
attribute of the first page-sequence in the next chunk.

The second approach requires four steps. First, render each chunk
independently into intermediate XEP format (XEPOUT). Then pick up the number
of pages rendered for each chunk (from Logger output, or inspecting XEPOUT
files). Then modify source XML files for each chunk, and then render the
whole pile of them into a single PDF file.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev, RenderX.
msulyaev at renderx.com

>>Hi,

>>Is there is any way to find the number of pages generated in a PDF using
the Java API?
>>My problem is that we need to generate a big book and we want to chunk the
input XML into different parts. Is there >>is any way to generate the table
of contents with page numbers by chunking the XML into different pieces. One
way >>we can think is to generate the first chunk, then find the number of
pages generated and pass that to the second chunk. >>Is there is any way to
determine the number of pages generated using the Java API?