[xep-support] Font Alias Problem

Alexei Gagarinov agagarinov at renderx.com
Fri Feb 25 02:05:04 PST 2005

Hi Chris,

> Why does XEP insist on removing spaces from font aliases?

XEP removes spaces from all the font definitions it encounters -- from
'font' attributes in an input FO source, from 'font-family' and 'font-alias'
elements in the configuration file.
Consequently, a font alias with 'StoneBold' name will match both 'StoneBold'
and 'Stone Bold' font family names. So you need to use only one font alias,
with or without spaces, in the XEP configuration file.

> And if it encounters two identical font aliases,
> why does it ignore all font aliases defined afterwards?

I agree that XEP 'overreacts' in this case. We'll reconsider the processing
of font aliases.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Best regards,
  Alexei Gagarinov