[xep-support] xsl:sort in apply-templates

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Feb 24 12:19:03 PST 2005

Hi there,

I'm processing a list of bibliography elements, like this:

<listBibl>
         <biblStruct>...</biblStruct>
         <biblStruct>...</biblStruct>
         <biblStruct>...</biblStruct>
</listBibl>

I want to sort them by author or editor, but it doesn't seem to be working:

<xsl:template match="listBibl">
         <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="0"
provisional-label-separation="0" space-before="0.25cm" space-after="0.25cm">
                 <xsl:apply-templates>
                         <xsl:sort select="//author[1] | //editor[1]" />
                 </xsl:apply-templates>
         </fo:list-block>
</xsl:template>

Every variation I try of the select attribute has no effect at all; the
elements are all processed in the order of the document. Can anyone see
what I'm doing wrong here?

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Holmes