[xep-support] Configuring fonts from an otf file

Alexei Gagarinov agagarinov at renderx.com
Fri Feb 18 09:08:14 PST 2005

Hi Chris,

> I believe the 4.x version of XEP relies on the
> presence of the font-weight attribute on FOs to determine which font
element
> to use inside the font-family.

Yes, you are right.

> Unfortunately there doesnt appear to be any way to map this approach into
the
> new file format.

Just define  'font-family' element for each font name:

Note that you had to use a real font-family name (maybe expressed through
aliases)  in XEP 3.x. But it was not always trivial to find this out.
In XEP 4.x you can use any name as a value for the 'font-family' element.

> I realise its probably bad practise to omit the font-weight attribute...

I agree with this. :)

Best regards,
  Alexei Gagarinov
RenderX