[xep-support] Centered table not centered and unwanted line break

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Wed Apr 27 08:01:45 PDT 2005

Hello Jost,

1. According to XSL-FO specification proportional-column-width() can
   be used only for table with fixed layout.
2. Main reason that you get unexpected result is width="100%"
   specified on the outer table. As recommended by CSS2 formatter
   first determines actual column widths and if resulting width is
   less then required (100% is your case) - distributes the rest of
   the space evenly among columns. In the second sample this leads to
   additional space in the second column thus breaking centering of
   "SHORT" table.

If you remove width="100%" from the outer table and specify
table-layout="fixed" you'll get what you want. Please find attached
modified version of your sample (I've removed some unnecessary stuff).

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX