[xep-support] recommend a PDF QA tool?

Chris Johnson cjohnson at capcollege.bc.ca
Tue Apr 26 10:52:16 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm stuck in the middle of a "he said - she said" support issue. I have
been using XEP (3.7.7 Academic) with great results, but recently one of
our staff can't open one of the PDF's produced with XEP. I checked the
file, maiinly by opening it in a few different browsers and Acrobat
Reader on a couple of different machines, and it was fine. Many people
have used this document with no complaints, so I'm inclined to think
this a computer configuration issue. On the other hand, tech support
seems to think the PDF is the problem. Are there any (inexpensive or
open-source) tools available to test a PDF?

TIA,

Chris

Chris Johnson

Web Developer