[xep-support] XEP 4.3: strange glyph selection when using multiple OpenType fonts

Werner Donné werner.donne at re.be
Thu Apr 21 06:53:04 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have done an experiment with the text figures in a Minion OpenType
font. With the fontforge tool I have created an additional set of
OpenType fonts containing only the old style text figures in the
places where normally the normal digits are.

In my font configuration I have altered the "serif" alias to the value
"MinionTextFigures, Minion", so that it would always find the text
figures first.

In the example, however, text and line figures are mixed, but never
within a digit sequence. Do you have an idea about what is happening?

I have sent my font configuration and example to support at renderx.com.

Best regards,

Werner.
--