[xep-support] Korean XML to PDF

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Sep 21 23:47:34 PDT 2004

Hello Keith,

XEP is a platform-independent application and the fonts support works
equal on PC and Mac. Current version of XEP can use OpentType fonts as
non-embedded and TrueType fonts should be used as embedded. Note that
font embedding protects you from the problems that can arise when you
distribute your PDFs (e.g. if you have used non-embedded font from CJK
pack in your document, it wouldn't be shown on those machines that
have no respective CJK installed). Currently we support CID font
organization only non-embedded OpentType fonts.

As for the bold/italic Korean typeface - I believe that this language
use other means for text emphasis (though I'm not an expert).

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX