[xep-support] Arabic-range numbers

Reynolds-Gregg Reynolds-Gregg at norc.org
Fri Oct 22 07:55:25 PDT 2004

Hi list,

I understand XEP supports the minimum requirements for the "format"
property so I won't be able to get Middle Eastern-style Arabic numerals
for my page numbers.  But it seems like there must be a workaround of
some kind.  Can I write some kind of xsl expression that will retrieve a
number value and use it to index into a list of chars to typeset?  I'd
hack at it myself but I'm a little pressed for time at the moment and I
have an Arabic document to deliver to a picky client, and having Arabic
arabic numerals would be a big win.  Any workaround suggestions?

Thanks

gregg