[Fwd: [xep-support] Text compressed in table cells]

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Wed Oct 20 00:23:57 PDT 2004

Ashot Darbinian:
> Hi Chris,
>
> This is a property of our formatter: it does not break words. If you
> want to enable a break between letters, intersperse them with zero-width
> spaces: ​
>
> Two .fo and resulting .pdf files are attached - with zero-width space and without it.

While the examples are good, this is not just a property of our
formatter :-). XEP breaks lines accoridng to Unicode (UAX14), and
inserts hyphenation (if enabled) based on the language of the
document.

To allow a line to break at a specific location, insert ZWSP, ​,
DocBook stylesheets, for example, do it with URLs automatically.

David Tolpin