[xep-support] Erratic behaviour in footnote

Nicholas Gledhill ngledhill at usyd.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 16:15:17 PDT 2004

I agree that examples would help - however I did have a similar problem
with images of mine in floats, where half or more of the image seemed to
be missing in some may. It turned out to be a mixture of the fact that I
had explicitly said that the backgound should be 'white' instead of
transparent or nothing, and the z-order in which the different elements
were rendered.

Check whether or not you are explicitly setting the background colour...
if you aren't then it's a different problem.

The appearance of these 'holes' is erratic, but seems to be
function of how close the footnotes are placed to one another. Is this
an
inheritance issue? a bug in XEP? (large blocks of text work as I
expected),
or am I just being silly trying to use footnote as a bottom of page
float
area?

Thanks in advance for any comments ...