[xep-support] MathML support

Michael Hahn mrh_lists at att.net
Fri Oct 1 17:31:17 PDT 2004

Hello Mark,

Friday, October 1, 2004, 2:13:40 AM, you wrote:

mpmc> I have recently undergone a similar exercise and have ended up with two
mpmc> solutions.

mpmc> Firstly, I use two .Net control from
mpmc> www.soft4science.com. One is a
mpmc> MathMl editor, the other a MathML renderer. I have intergrates both into
mpmc> BlastRadius XmetaL and on the production server the renderer. This
mpmc> control allows for raster images of formulae to be output.

mpmc> The second choice, mainly to support existing users, are the products
mpmc> from Design Science (www.dessci.com). They have client and server
mpmc> products for MathML. I opted to implement their MathType product into
mpmc> XmetaL (via it's trasformation output) but not the server products (to
mpmc> keep costs down).

mpmc> We take the renderer images from the Soft4Science rednerer and use these
mpmc> in our XEP solution.

mpmc> I hope this helps a little

Thanks.  That's more-or-less what I thought.