[xep-support] XEP TEAM - How to disable weblogic console output of XEP data?

frederic.ouellet at desjardins.com frederic.ouellet at desjardins.com
Fri Oct 1 06:57:39 PDT 2004

Werner Donné:

Thanks to take time to answer.  I actually cal log4J in the XEP logger.  My log4J is well configured (no console Appender) but I have a lot of thing in the console.

XEP TEAM:

I must put an instance of your logger on the FOTransformer.  But your logger print a lot of thing in the weblogic console.  My company can generated more than 20000 PDF a
day.  Can I have the possibility to not print all these generation in the weblogic console?

Please,  give me the process to obtain what I need.  A clean console for the major system error.

(document
  (validate [validation OK])
  (compile
    (masters
      (sequence-master [master-name FirstPage])
      (sequence-master [master-name BlankPage])
      (sequence-master [master-name TwoColumns])
      (sequence-master [master-name Repeat-TwoColumns]))
    (sequence [master-reference FirstPage]
      (static-content [flow-name xsl-region-after])
      (flow [flow-name xsl-region-body]))
    (sequence [master-reference BlankPage]
      (static-content [flow-name xsl-region-after])
      (flow [flow-name xsl-region-body]))
    (sequence [master-reference Repeat-TwoColumns]
      (static-content [flow-name xsl-region-before])
      (static-content [flow-name xsl-region-after])
      (static-content [flow-name xsl-footnote-separator])
      (flow [flow-name xsl-region-body])))
  (format
    (sequence [master-reference FirstPage]
      (flow [1])
      (static-content [1]|xsl-region-after|))
    (sequence [master-reference BlankPage]
      (flow [2])
      (static-content [2]|xsl-region-after|))
    (sequence [master-reference Repeat-TwoColumns]
      (flow [3][4][5])
      (static-content [3]|xsl-region-after||xsl-region-before|[4]|xsl-region-aft
er||xsl-region-before|[5]|xsl-region-after||xsl-region-before|)))
  (generate [output-format pdf][1][2][3][4][5]))

Best Regards,

Frédéric Ouellet

             Werner Donné <werner.donne at re.be>
             Envoyé par : owner-xep-support at renderx.com
                                                                                                                                                                     Pour
                                                                             xep-support at renderx.com

                                                                                                                                                                    Objet
                               Veuillez répondre à                           [xep-support] Re: Réf. : Re: [xep-support] How to disable weblogic console output?
                             xep-support at renderx.com

Frédéric,

I was just giving an example. You can write whatever you want in your
Logger interface implementation. In fact you could write a Logger
that forwards the events to log4j as well, so you can keep your log4j
configuration and have it nicely integrated. I'm not a log4j expert,
but I think you can call Appender.doAppend(LoggingEvent event) within
the error(), event(), exception(), info() and warning() methods of
com.renderx.xep.lib.Logger.

Werner.

frederic.ouellet at desjardins.com wrote:

> Werner Donné:
>
> Does my logger will log thing without print it on the console?  A Logger that do nothing, will not log in my logs files...  Samething for the DevNullWriter.
>
> In log4J, I can put ConsoleAppender or FileAppender on the Logger.  I wish to do the same.  I want to put only file appender on the MyLoggerImpl to be put on the
> FOTransformer.
>
> Can you give me more precision?
>

> Anybody else:
>
> Any suggestion will be gladly accepted! :o)
>

> (Embedded image moved to file: pic05707.jpg)
>

>              Werner Donné <werner.donne at re.be>

>              Envoyé par : owner-xep-support at renderx.com

Pour
>                                                                              xep-support at renderx.com